When I say ‘Chocolate Fudge’ and ‘Brown Sugar’, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? A cake? Maybe some cookies? What if I said those are the scents of a new up and coming hair care line? Wouldn’t you want to try them? I know I just had to get my hands on some of these products.
Curl Me Happy is an hair care line with a unique niche within the natural hair care community. Not only are all of their products are 100% handmade and all natural but each product contains smells and scents that entice the nose while also providing moisture to your tresses. From the Pomegranate Cleanser to the Marshmallow & Cinnamon Bun twisting cream, this line encompasses everything you need to keep your curls beautiful but most of all – healthy.
I did a wash and go using the following products:
I was a little hesitant only using 1 product. I kept thinking, ‘where is the leave in conditioner?’ but this Curl Parfait acts as a leave-in conditioner, moisturizer, and curl styler in one. It’s goal is to provide a soft hold for thick (4c) hair without weighing it down – a win/win for me.
- Love the smell (of course!)
- 100% handmade and all natural is always a positive
- The deep conditioner has amazing slippage which made it easier to detangle my hair
- Because the products are so thick, I didn’t have to use excessive amounts of the product in order to achieve my wash and go
- The lightweight hold of the curl parfait made my curls soft and bouncy
- I normally can go 2-3 days before co-washing my hair, however, because these products don’t weigh my hair down, I was able to go 4 full days.
- Little to no product build up when I came time to co-wash hair
- Not really a con on the products, but I would have like to have a leave in conditioner to add to the curl parfait
- My curls had a little more shrinkage (maybe an elongated gel would have helped to alleviate that)
Overall, this hair care line is unique with their product niche and I have no doubt, they will find their place in this growing market.
Check out my wash and go tutorial here